Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Tower O' Babel

Long, long ago. All the men and women on earth spoke the same language. They gathered together in a city that would become known as Babel, and worked on building a tower. They wanted to build a tower tall enough to reach heaven. God, seeing the unbridled spirit of his creation, changed their one language into many. And so, the people of the city could no longer communicate, and many of them left and went off to other places. All this because God knew that power corrupts, and a unrestricted human community would soon grow too powerful to control.

I pride myself on the fact that I didn't hop on the Spanish bandwagon like most people. I walk by AP Spanish everyday and see 95% Academy kids. It's unfortunate y'all have one more AP Exam to deal with when I finished my studies of Latin last year. I always wanted to learn something different, and Latin has without a doubt expanded my understanding of the English language and medical terms as well. I may learn Spanish eventually though, because it is a fast growing language and is huge in the Western Hemisphere. So Spanish is useful, after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment