Tuesday, October 15, 2013

All of One Language

To reason for certain things in the world, like the colossal number of different languages, the people of the past would explain them in different ways. The Greek and Romans named different gods for all of the events and worldly matters that they couldn't explain. In the story of the Tower of Babel, The first people of the Earth were said to have one language. They gathered at Shinar and they built their city there. And they said that they would build a tower to reach into heaven. The Lord realized that with out anything hindering the people, they would be able to do anything they want. He then went and changed one language to many languages and scattered the people across the Earth. 

Well I know that getting to heaven is a difficult as a camp son has taught me (Oh you can't get to heaven in an orange canoe, cause God's favorite color is UK Blue!) and there are many different ways than just a stair way, so I will stick with my next language. As I have already completed AP Latin and reading Caesar and Vergil in latin is a cinch, I am working on Spanish. My freshman year summer, I was blessed to be able to go on a mission trip to Guatemala, but I couldn't speak anything except hola and adios. I was practically lost in the markets because the prices were told to you by the stand owner. I could ask "Quanto questo" or "how much", but I was hopeless when they told me the number because I can only count to ten in spanish. I would like to be able to converse in simple spanish phrases and sentences, so that I can go on another mission trip and actually be able to speak and understand the language of the people!






No comments:

Post a Comment