Monday, October 28, 2013

Pygmalion and Galatea

Pygmalion is a sculptor and is disgusted by a group of prostitutes. He then swears off all women and decides to create his ideal woman out of ivory. He carves her and falls in love with his statue. He then prays to Aphrodite to give him a woman just like his statue. But instead she just brings his sculpture to life. They fall in love, get married and have two kids.






If I could bring a character life it would be the girl from Comedy Girl. I read this book in middle school and it has stuck with me. I think because there aren't many books about girls aspiring to be a comedian. I would love that career but don't think I could actually do it. I realize how much skill it takes so that's why I was amazed by this girl- she actually had that talent. I would love to meet her and learn from her. Also just crack each other up for hours.



No comments:

Post a Comment