Tuesday, October 29, 2013

The Saved and the Unbelievers

So two angles (girls might I add) came to the city of Sodom at evening. A man, Lot, just happened to be sitting at the gates. When he was them, he bowed and prayed to the Lord that he should house these two angles and feed them in his own home. After much resistance, the angles agreed and joined Lot and his family in the home. Later that night, a rowdy crowd had gathered around Lot's house asking who the visitors were. They didn't really give him an option when they asked to meet the visitors. Lot attempted to warn them that his two visitors were not familiar with people and to be good to them and his household. However, the crowd was too curious and when Lot went inside to get his guests, they warned that Sodom and all other towns in the plains would be destroyed. Poor Lot. When he told the moody crowd that if they didn't pray to the Lord they would perish, they laughed at him and mocked him. The next early morning, the angles woke Lot to get his wife and two daughters out. With a little resistance from Lot, Abraham granted the family safety outside of  the city. The angles then told him to flee to the mountains and don't look back. On the way, sadly, his wife looked back and turned into a pillar of salt *snap* just like that. Lot continued on with his daughters and took residence in a cave. When Lot was old (I guess you could say his lot didn't look too good), his daughters decided to continue his legacy and each laid with their father. They both had boys who ended up the heads of a large group of peoples in the land.

In my life (so far at least), I feel as if I haven't had unfair punishment. When I was 4, I bit my mom on the shoulder once and was put in my room for 3 days, but I deserved that one. I have been threatened by my parents to have my phone taken away because I didn't feel like doing my homework.
http://www.lestermadden.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/no_iphones.png
https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEie66YoxIhNAx8lPDqMwq0p7Qxr9tTog8c5dId64MGa4-tfgdZFtzjCQJgeMHRcCLSzku6CmNQCCrhiqf0a3PsxAxSSrz3b1007GE-ZHqqvNwI_iafRvvuj23GDD_xzbbWvmw7a6Y6-9e0/s1600/IMG_3551Edited.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment