Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Blog Number Seven - The Tower of Babel

So here's the cliffnotes version of what happened, after the Flood the world was repopulated by Noah's family. There was a man named Nimrod, he created a project to build a tower that would reach the heavens to worship other gods (it was a ziggurat, in case you wanted to know). God did not appreciate this project and stopped it by confusing the people's languages (before this there was only one language). Since they couldn't communicate with each other, the tower was never completed. This is why we have a variety of languages today.

I currently speak four languages: English, Japanese, Spanish, and French. I grew up speaking Japanese at home. I took Spanish since kindergarten through the Spanish Immersion Program. I learned French here (and passed my AP exam!! HA!!!!) I think the next language I would like to learn is Chinese. Contrary to what people think, Japanese and Chinese are two completely different languages. Yes, like three characters are the same, but they are made up differently. Japanese has three different types of characters. Chinese is also like music. You vary your words by pitch and tone. If not Chinese, I'd like to learn the Hawaiian language. Growing up watching Lilo and Stitch I've always wanted to learn Hawaiian, even though it's not spoken that much now.

No comments:

Post a Comment