Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Pygmalion

Pygmalion, a sculptor was dissatisfied with women and vowed never to marry. Then he created a sculpture so beautiful that he became infatuated with it. Things got a little crazy as he began to drape her in fine cloths and place jewelry on her. He even named her, Galatea, which means "she who is white like milk." He wishes for a wife like Galatea and much to his surprise the statue came to life. Quickly they were married and ended up having a son, and possibly a daughter. Oh and...and...and...and...I'm looking for the usual dark twist that occurs in Greek myths...and...its not there...they lived happily ever after.really. Go Aphrodite.

This story is kinda odd, but I was raised on stories of scales on eyes and turning water into wine so I suppose some cultural perspective is necessary. I was glad that the story ended without death or destruction so that was good.

I want for the Doctor and his TARDIS to come to life. This is actually two characters but too bad, I don't like rules. I want nothing more than to travel and with the Doctor I would have all of time and space to explore.

No comments:

Post a Comment