Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Stone(d) to life?

In Pygmalion's time, women were so bad and evil that he swore them off and decided to live a life of celibacy.  With his fantastic and unbelievable sculpture abilities, Pygmalion sculpted the perfect woman from snow-white ivory.  She/it was so life-like that he often found himself touching her/it, to see if she/it had any warmth or breath in her/it.  He gave her/it presents a live girl would have loved - pretty shells, necklaces, beads, pebbles, etc.  When the festival for Venus came along, he prayed to her that he may have a wife like his perfect ivory sculpture.  Venus knew that he really wanted the sculpture woman to come to life, so that's what she did!  She brought the ivory woman to life and blessed their marriage and they had a daughter.

I would love Ella from Ella Enchanted to be brought to life.  She would make such a great friend, really.  When she was at boarding school with Areida, she was so sweet.  It was only when other people told Ella to do stupid things that she wouldn't have done otherwise.  I want her to tell me of her adventures and take me on our own.  I want to bake with her and be a clutz with her and slide down stair banisters with her.  I want to go to balls with her and be her wingwoman and help get her the man of her dreams.  I want to give her everything I have ever wanted from a friend, because I know that she will do the same for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment