Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Blog Number Eight - Daphne and the Laurel Wreath

Once upon a time there was this nymph called Daphne. Apparently she was very beautiful (is this where Scooby-Doo's Daphne got her name???) and all the guys chased after her (creeps). But she was not interested in love, instead she loved to spend her time hunting. 
In the other neck of the woods Apollo mocked Eros (Cupid) because he thought his arrows were wimpy or something. So Eros shot Apollo with one and he fell in love with Daphne. She tried to run away from him, but he was so dang determined she prayed to her father to save her. 
Of all the things he could have done, he turned her into a laurel tree. Apollo is still in love with her so he proclaims that the leaves of the laurel tree would forever be green and he would always wear a wreath of laurel leaves on his brow. 

So I'm going to assume that eternal "youth" isn't like age 16 or something. I would prefer "youth" to mean about 21-25. I think that would be a nice age to stay forever. I mean I feel like your 30s are just awkward (sort of like Tuesdays... sorry sis). Anyway, I don't know. I think I would like to have eternal youth. Then you have all the time in the world to learn all the things you want to learn and do all the things you want to do (without having to make a bucket list). The only bad thing is watching the people around you grow old and die (sorry to be a party pooper but hey that's reality), like the Doctor. But then again I'm not much of a people person so.... yeah. 

No comments:

Post a Comment