Monday, October 28, 2013

Daphne and the Laurel Wreath

Apollo challenged the archery skills of Cupid. Cupid accepted the challenge by shooting two arrows. One dipped in gold and would cause whoever it hit to fall deeply in love and be filled with lust. The other dipped in lead and would cause whoever it hit to hate and have nothing to do with love. The gold arrow hit Apollo while the lead one hit Daphne. Apollo chased after Daphne and of course she did not like it. She got tired of him chasing her so she called her father for help. He turned her into a laurel tree. Apollo still had feelings for her and he climbed the tree and made a wreath with her leaves. He wore always after that.



I am not sure how I feel about eternal youth. I think I would like it for the most part but that is easy to say when I know it will never actually happen. I can't tell if I would have more stress being an adult or staying young forever. I wonder that because I don't handle stress well at all and I cause most of my own stress. Great. But I think I would enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment