Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Babble

Ok... So the people that populated the planet decided to build a city. In this city, they wanted to build a tower that reached the heavens so that their city would stand out. At this point in time, everyone spoke the same language. God did not appreciate the peoples' effort to build a stairway that could reach the glory of the heavens, so he scattered the people of the earth, and they all started forming different languages.

The story of the tower of Babel answers the age old question "how did different languages begin?" For this reason, it is a well-known part of the Old Testament of the Bible. While at some times, the vagueness of the language of the story is frustrating, it also opens the story up to different interpretations . There really isn't much more analysis that I have of this story, but I like it fine.

My next language would be Spanish if I have a next language. As you may have noticed by now, I'm a huge soccer fan (Huge as in the amount of passion in my fanhood, not in physical appearance). If I do get to take my European soccer trip I dream of, then most of the non-english teams I would want to see are Spanish-speaking. So yeah... futbol.


No comments:

Post a Comment