Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Coming to Life

Pygmalion was a Greek sculptor that was what we now call a workoholic. He was obsessed with his sculputre of a woman whom he named Galatea. When the gods saw how much he loved his work, they granted him with a gift. When Pygmalion returned to his sculpture, she had come to life. Now that he had a woman he truly loved and cared for, he was truly content. The couple got married and even had a son.

This is an odd one. I'm not sure if I am supposed to condemn Pygmalion for being obsessed with working or if I am supposed to be happy for him that he found a wife. One other thing I would like to know is if the son has any type of stone-DNA or something cool like that. I think the theme of the story is supposed to be to not obsess over work, but the ending kind of ruins that, so I'm confused now.

A character I would like to bring to life is Captain Falcon. I was first introduced to this wonderful hero when I was playing Super Smash Bros Mele years ago. He seems like a really fun guy, however I do wonder if his boisterousness would get on my nerves every now and then. I can only imagine

No comments:

Post a Comment