Tuesday, October 15, 2013

The Tower of Babel


The Tower of Babel story from Genesis 11 is that everyone in the world came together and built a city and became unified and good at construction. They built a tall tower that they thought would be “the stairway to heaven”. God thought that this would only distance people from God and heaven so made he everyone speak different languages so that they couldn’t follow through on their plans. This scattered the people who now could not communicate with each other. I really enjoy learning languages, right now I speak a few languages but I would like to continue learning and picking up more in college. I think full immersion really helps with learning languages and I love to travel. Maybe if I get more opportunities to travel when I get older I will pick up languages during my immersion in different countries and cultures.  

No comments:

Post a Comment