Sunday, October 13, 2013

Pygmalian and Galatea

If only life worked the way they did in Greek mythology. Except not really, I take that back. Sure, it'd be cool to "create" your ideal partner but that would be very unfortunate for those who are not artistic whatsoever (ahem...me.) But this story isn't about me. I'ts about Pygmalian, a sculptor. He hated women and swore that he would never ever ever get married or love a woman. I guess he kept his promise because Galatea was (well, not really) a woman. Anyways, he sculpted such a beautiful woman and he fell in love with her. So he prayed to the gods that she be brought to life. And so she came to life. And for some reason, all worked out in the end and they lived happily ever after. Which I guess is great for Pygmalian because he literally got his dream woman. 

The reason I didn't do this blog earlier was because I was reading. (I blame Lusi for that.) And now I'm obsessed. As in, I haven't really slept lately because I keep telling myself "one more page" which turns into "one more chapter". It's gotten really bad. That being said, a character I would bring to life would be Jace Wayland Lightwood Morgenstern (I don't even know) from the Mortal Instrument series. I love his character and right now he's in the Silent City jail thing and Brother Jeremiah has died (uh-oh) and so have all the Silent Brothers all thanks to his father (ew, I still can't say that.) 

(I've yet to see the movie.)

(I do not approve of Jace and Clary.
 No. That's not an okay thing.  But
I don't like Clary with Simon either. )


No comments:

Post a Comment