Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Sodom And Gomorrah

God's picked Abraham to be founder of his chosen nation- Israel. Abraham was visited by three angels disguised as men. Two of them went down to Sodom and Gomorrah to see the evil on the cities firsthand. The third angel, who was the Lord, stayed behind to talk to Abraham. The Lord said he was going to destroy the two cities because of how evil the people were. Abraham began to beg and bargain with the lord. First Abraham asked if the cities could be spared if he could find 50 righteous people. Abraham bargained down to only finding 10 righteous people and the Lord would spare Sodom and Gomorrah.
The two angels arrived in Sodom. Lot, Abraham's nephew, met them. He took the two angels to his home to meet his family and fed them. All at once the men of the city came to Lot's house and asked "Where are the men who came to you?" and "Bring them out so we can have sex with them." Lot was so offended by the evil of Sodom that he gave the men his two virgin daughters. They did not like/accept that offer so they broke down his door. The angels made the rioting men blind and directed Lot, his wife and two daughters out of the city.
The Lord made burning sulfur rain down on Sodom and Gomorrah. Destroying everything.


I have two older brothers. Typically I dislike being compared to them because in school and on standardized tests they did remarkably better. But when it comes to outside of school, following my parents rules, not getting into trouble and other things outside of the classroom I would say I've done remarkably better than them. Yet my parents still have as strict or stricter rules because of my brothers. I feel this is so unfair. Some aspects are different because neither of my brothers had a car during school and most of their friends were the same gender as them. But my mom has said directly to me "Hayes got away with those things because I was so innocent then, I didn't know what was happening. Now I'm aware of what goes on." I have not caused as much trouble outside of school as they have but I feel as though I am punished just as much or more than them.

No comments:

Post a Comment