Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Pygmalion and Galatea



Pygmalion was a sculptor. He carved a woman out of ivory and named her Galatea. Apparently Pygmalion had become disinterested in women after he saw some women deny the divinity of Aphrodite and become prostitutes. However, he managed to fall in love with his statue. So when Aphrodite's festival came, he asked for a maiden of the liking of his beautiful ivory statue. Aphrodite heard his plea and made his statue into a woman. When Pygmalion got home, he kissed his statue like normal, and was shocked by the warmth and softness he felt from the statue. Then Pygmalion and Galatea got married and had children?? What/??

Can I bring all my favorite characters to life? Please? I have a whole list of characters I wouldn't mind bringing to life, including:
(I DON'T UNDERSTAND HOW TO FORMAT PICTURES I'M SORRY)
Four and Tris Prior
from Divergent
Remus Lupin from Harry Potter

Hazel Grace Lancaster and Augustus Waters
from The Fault in Our Stars
Newt from The Maze Runner
Clary Fray and Jace Lightwood
from The Mortal Instruments

No comments:

Post a Comment