Wednesday, October 2, 2013

The Flood

       The story of Noah and the flood of the earth is one of the most beautiful and tragic stories in the entirety of the Bible. It is very sad that God had to resort to flooding the earth as a kind of "reset button", but at the same time it always gives me an extremely nice image in my mind when the dove comes to show the flood is ending, and when the animals and Noah's family emerge to see God's promise never to do that kind of thing again in the form of a rainbow.
   
       Occasionally I will hear someone say "there is no way that the entire human race could have just come back from one family." You have to realize, Noah was 600 years old when the flood occurred, so  his family was probably 5 or 6 generations of sons and daughters when he built the ark.

      An animal that has always interested me is the chameleon. They are both exciting and good-looking animals that are extraordinarily fun to feed. I follow someone that has one for a pet on Instagram, and every time he posts a picture or video I cannot help myself to view it and "like" it.
 
       The world will end in fire, fire for sure. We've done the whole ice thing before and we are still here... so fire it is.








No comments:

Post a Comment