Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Time for a Wilde Ride

Hahaha, the title is so funny, isn't it? No? Okay then.

Hello friend! (if I may be so forward to call you that. I know we just met, but we were trying to figure out what to call you guys, and Coloradians is a mouthful of cucumber sandwiches)

One of my favorite exchanges in The Importance of Being Ernest so far is the whole cucumber/bread and butter exchange. A tad raunchy, but innuendo never fails to pander. And speaking of sandwiches, my favorite is the Napa Almond Chicken Salad sandwich from Panera; it's delectably delicious. Anyways. The gender exchange between Jack and Gwen is wonderful as well. Jack is all "Oh, uh, well, um, yer purty" and Gwen is just this forward, well as forward as Victorian can get, and assertive person who stuns with her bluntness. Especially when she proclaims, "The moment Algernon first mentioned to me that he had a friend called Ernest, I knew I was destined to love you." It was love at first soundwave, you know, the truest kind. The best part is that his name isn't even Ernest! Who woulda thunk it. But Gwen ridiculing the poor guy for having little experience proposing? Really though, who really proposes for fun? Gerald is quite the strapping young gentleman if he actually does and needs to get into this century because nowadays these flash mob proposals are such a cop out.

It doesn't take much to make me laugh. Logan Paul Vines, Sail Cat, Baby Bachelor, Jimmy Kimmel Lie Detective... They're my go to for a smile. I'm trying to think of the last thing that's pop culture-y that I've laughed so much where I cried, but it's really just how ridiculous the people who I know are. On the funnyish side I like New Girl, Big Bang Theory, Community, Sherlock (it's not all just Benedict looking moody in a nice trench), Fired Up!, Forrest Gump, 50 First Dates. At this point I'm just trying to think of movies that start with F that are funny. I really just peruse the YouTubes for fun things to watch. JennaMarbles is great but my heart lies with Caspar Lee. Or JacksGap. Or Charlie McDonnell. Or Anna Akana. Or Natalie Tran. Or the SourceFed crew. Or Philip DeFranco. Or EpicRapBattlesofHistory. YouTube is my top clicked on Chrome, if you couldn't tell.

For kicks and giggles:


For finals inspiration, because we all need it:
 


No comments:

Post a Comment