Tuesday, December 3, 2013

The First Book of Moses...Genesis 25

In this rather longish book... well long when I am writing this at 12:30am... Too late or too early? never mind.... Anyways what happens is Abraham took a wife named Ketu'rah. And they had 6 kids who, well, kept on having more kids. Then Abraham gave everything to Isaac and the concubines gifts and pushed them away from Isaac while he was still living. Abraham died in a ripe happy old age with many followers and was buried in a cave. After his death, God blessed Isaac and Isaac lived by La'hai-roi. There are many decedents of Ish'ma-el of names I could never pronounce. Its then written that a lot of people are descended from Abraham and then Isaac gets his wife Rebekah pregnant with two children with much internal toil. She asks God why it is so, and is told two different nations will come from the two babies and they will fight and the older one will serve the younger one. When they were born, the first was named Esau and then Jacob. Esau turned out to be a good junter and Jacob was a plain man living in tents. One day Jacob found his brother in the field and brought him in to heal him. Esau begged to be fed with the same food, but Jacob said see me your birthright. Esau did and then Jacob allowed him food and drink. They parted and Esau despised his birthright.

Phew that was long.... and tiring and everything else. Continuing on, my birthright? Well dictionary.com says that Democracy as a freedom is a birthright. So I guess its mine too? Who knows. Sorry I keep wandering from the point.... Birthright is a privilege I believe and that just because you might be the oldest sibling, it doesn't mean that hey you get everything while your younger siblings get nothing. But I am an only child. So, I guess it is my birthright to be loved as everyone should be and its my right to be funny? and understanding? and all of my personality traits? But physical birthright isn't really a thing anymore like in Downton Abbey how they must pass the estate to a male relation and that is how Matthew Crawley (sp) is drawn into the show. Today, its more of who buys property and when a loved one passes its what they want us to have. The rest of the physical items are either sold, given away, or kept for sentimental reasons. Well that is my its-too-late-for-me blog post and opinion. now for a picture.
https://admissionblog.usc.edu/files/2013/05/Question-Mark.jpg

http://downtonabbeyonline.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/the-cast-of-downton-abbey1.jpg


No comments:

Post a Comment