Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Jacob and Esau

Jacob and Esau were the sons of Isaac, the son of Abraham. Esau was the oldest son, so in this time, he inherited all the birthrights from his father. This was the tradition and way:for the oldest son to inherit the birthrights. There was only one problem...Jacob, Esau's brother was very sly. So one day Esau had been hunting all day and was very hungry. Jacob was coincidentally cooking a yummy and amazing smelling meal at the time. Jacob then, in a very tricky matter, told Esau he would feed him the meal if he could get the birthrights. Esau, thinking only of the present yummy meal, agreed. Then, Esau was still to be blessed with the birthrights because this was the tradition and way of the time. Jacob didn't give up and was still very sly. His father Isaac was old and didn't have the best vision, and Esau was hairy, so Jacob put some animal fur on and pretended to be Esau and ticked his father into giving him the blessings that were supposed to be for Esau.
Well, I don't have a brother and am the youngest, so luckily this tradition is long over! My birthright is probably college. My parents made it a priority and ever since I was born have been saving to have money for college. If I get a scholarship, I can use this for grad school or to help with a house in the future. This will help me get started with my future and is definitely a huge blessing, but this isn't playing favorites for me. My sister and I are given the same blessings and treated the same by my parents!
Graduations because my birthright will help me graduate and ensure a bright future!
http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl&imgrefurl=http%3A%2F%2Fmindblogs.smartandstrong.com%2Fdavide%2Fassets_c%2F2010%2F04%2Fcollege-graduation-541.html&h=0&w=0&sz=1&tbnid=IaZX9KM_niRKSM&tbnh=183&tbnw=276&prev=%2Fsearch%3Fq%3Dcollege%26tbm%3Disch%26tbo%3Du&zoom=1&q=college&docid=YJDLBtDklVjvKM&ei=nZCeUtfXJM-BqgGyzYCIBQ&ved=0CAIQsCUoAA

No comments:

Post a Comment