Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Colorado Friends Yeeeeeeeee Yeeeeeeeeeeee

Howdy Ya'll,
We are currently reading Oscar Wild's The Importance of Being Earnest. It is a commedy full of satire, farce, and pun. I'm not exactly cracking up the entire story, but it does have some witty jokes. I laugh at just about anything and love to laugh. One scene I like the best is as following: "Yes. But why does your aunt call you her uncle? From little Cecily, with her fondest love to her dear Uncle Jack. There is no objection, I admit, to an aunt being a small aunt, but why an aunt, no matter what her size may be, should call her own nephew her uncle, I can't quite make out. Besides your name isn't Jack at all; it is Ernest" (7). This verbal and physical humor is funny to me and I hope to you also!
I have a wide range of humor and laugh and a lot of things, but one video is great. Look up The Turtleman on Youtube. I promise it's not how everyone in Kentucky is, and I don't actually say howdy Ya'll..ever being serious. I also love the movie Dodgeball. It's probably my favorite movie because it's so funny. One memorable line from the turtleman is "I try not to smile, got my teeth knocked out by a chainsaw." I hope you all think these things are as funny as I do and get a good laugh out of it.
-Lauren Stigers

No comments:

Post a Comment