Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Echo and Narcissus

Echo was in love with Narcissus which was all nice and sweet except for the fact that Echo had made the gods mad by needing to have the last word. So, the gods gave her a taste of her own medicine and made it so that she could only repeat the last bit of what was said to her. Ha. That didn't turn out too well, especially when she kind of maybe sort of freaked Narcissus out and he rejected her. She literally died of a broken heart and disappeared into nothing but well... she became an echo. The thing is, Narcissus wasn't just a jerk to Echo. He was kind of a jerk to everyone and thought he was too good for everyone else and went around breaking hearts and the gods were all like, "no... who do you think you are?" (...runnin' round leaving scars...) and gave him a taste of his own medicine. So he fell in love with his own reflection- something that didn't exist and could never love him back. He, too, died of a broken heart and became a flower. Yay?

A narcissist I abhor... hmm... I can't even think of one right now off the top of my head. I think narcissist and I think Sherlock... but I love Sherlock so I can't say that. Uhm. OOOOH! Georgina Sparks from Gossip Girl! She make me mad. 

An altruistic person I admire would probably have to be my Tutis. She took in my mother and her sister when their parents died and has taken care of them plus her four sons ever since. She has given them her all in everything that she does. She has done the same for her grandchildren too. She's an inspiration to me and I absolutely love her. 

No comments:

Post a Comment