Monday, November 18, 2013

Abraham and Isaac

God came to Abraham and said "Take your only son, Isaac, and go to Moriah. Sacrifice him there as an offering on the mountains."
So Abraham took Isaac and set off on a 50 mile journey. As Abraham and Isaac went to the mountain, Abraham said to the two servants "We will worship and then come back."
Isaac asked where the lamb was for the sacrifice and Abraham responded that the lord would provide them with the lamb. Abraham tied up Isaac and put him on a stone altar.
Just when Abraham raised up the knife to kill him son the angel of the Lord came to Abraham and told him to stop and to not harm him.
When Abraham looked up he saw a ram and sacrificed the ram instead of his son.

True sacrifice can happen in many ways. Like killing your son for God. But I don't know of many people that have made any sacrifices any where near like that. My mom is the person in my life who has made the most "true sacrifices". She has always put my brothers and me before herself. She has sacrificed so much for us and it's taken me a long time to even realize that.

No comments:

Post a Comment