Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Echo and Narcissus

So we've got another hot ass nymph named Echo. Echo is really talkative and loves to have the last word. One day she tricks Hera and Hera, enraged (as she so often is), curses Echo. From here on out, Echo can only repeat the last thing said, and she can never engage conversation. Then, Echo sees a hot youth named Narcissus, and she falls in love. When Echo and Narcissus finally meet, Narcissus rejects Echo. Echo hides herself in despair and eventually withers away, leaving only her voice. (NOW ECHOES CAN HAPPEN.) Narcissus goes to a clear spring to rest one day, and upon seeing himself in its reflection, he falls in love...with himself. He stays by the spring and wastes away, just as Echo did. In his body's place is a narcissus flower. Tragically beautiful.

As for a narcissist I abhor...I'm going to say myself. I'm a huge narcissist. And an altruistic person I admire...myself. I'm REALLY altruistic. I'm just really great. I'm the best. I'm PERFECT. Really...I could just go on and on about how great I am. I really admire all my achievements and everything I've done. I'm SUCH a good role model. People look up to me. It's just natural for me, I guess. I'm sorry that people are so jealous of me...but I can't help it that I'm so popular. *Hair flip*
(Watch from 1:20 to 1:40)

No comments:

Post a Comment