Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Echo and Narcissus

As many of the Greek stories we have read this far tend to start, Echo uses her singing talent against Zeus's wife, and she curses her with the inability to say anything other than the last thing that was said. (Hence the name Echo, I think) Echo proceeds to somehow find herself in the presence of Narcissus, who was chasing deer into his nets (in a form of hunting, I assume). Of course, she falls in love with the deer chaser, and he most comically but sadly rejects her love. It was one of those "haha!..oh..." moments. Then Narcissus becomes the main character and he falls in love with himself and I guess gets lost in his love for himself and...loses...himself. And then he either turned into a flower or a flower just appeared in his memory. Either way, the flower grows near water so that it may see it's own reflection. That is, if flowers could see, of course.

This one is my least favorite so far. I struggled finding a viable link between the two main characters, and I wish they were introduced in two separate stories. But Echo is a really cool name that I most definitely am considering as a future dog name. 

A narcissist I dislike (because abhor seems rude) is Piers Morgan. He seriously will never ever ever change his opinion about anything. But on the rare occasion that he does, he will claim that that was his opinion all along, dont you hate that??? But it is worse for me because he is an Arsenal fan. He is what Donald Trump and Ted Cruz are for the Republican party, but for Arsenal fans. here is a picture of Morgan getting schooled by some chick on twitter. Seriously... it's hilarious, and it happens to him all the time.

"Retweet"



No comments:

Post a Comment