Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Echo and Narcissus

Echo is a beautiful girl who has been punished by Hera because she helped Zues cheat on Hera. Echo's punishment: only say what has been said to her. Narcissus is a man who is looking for someone to make him happy; however, everyone falls short of his high expectations. Echo meets Narcissus one day in the forest and falls for him. However, Echo is not good enough for Narcissus. In turn, Echo dies of a broken heart for she could not express her feelings. One fine day, Narcissus goes to drink from a pond and fall in love with his so beautiful self, stays at the pond forever, starves and dies.

I honestly have no idea of a narcissist a abhor. Partially because even if I could think of a person I would not want to openly name such person. Its not like I am going to say that I abhor the classmate who sits across the classroom from me because, well, that is mean and awkward. I do not follow celebrities enough to really care about who is a narcissist I abhor because well what does it matter what I think of said celebrity.

There are plenty of altruistic people I admire. One person who I have recently admired is Malala Yousafzai. This 16 year old girl has stood up to the Taliban fighting for Education for women. She is 16!!! She was shot and is still working towards her goals. "I'm never going to give up," Malala said when asked about repeated death threats made against her by the Taliban. "They only shot a body but they cannot shoot my dreams." (Fox News) Tell me this isn't amazing. She was shot by the Taliban, threatened to be shot again and still works towards reaching her dream. This young girl is working to improve the lives of countless women under control of the Taliban.

I had heard about Malala when she was first shot by the Taliban but, her answer to this question is beyond amazing.  http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/malala-yousafzai-daily-show-video-2357263

No comments:

Post a Comment