Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Echo and Narcissus






Echo falls in love with Narcissus. Narcissus isn't so much in love with Echo. Echo continues to fond over Narcissus until she is nothing more than her voice. Narcissus stops but a small pond to get a drink of water. When he sees his reflection he falls in love with himself. Narcissus stays by the pond and dies of starvation.






The definition of altruistic is: showing a disinterested and selfless concern for the well-being of others; unselfish. With synonyms:unselfish, selfless, compassionate, kind, public-spirited
Now I am going to loosely connect that to who I want to talk about. I recently became aware of a woman named Robyn Lawley. She is now one of my favorite people. While I can't say, from what I know about her, that she is worried about the well-being of others, I can connect what I do know about her to being unselfish and public-spirited. She is from Australia and considered a "plus size" model. Robyn was the first "plus size" model for Ralph Lauren. Also, she was a cover model of Vogue Italia's June 2011 issue. She has a quote saying "I'm a normal size. It's skinny models who should be called minus size." To me, she is one of the most beautiful women I've ever seen. I think she is altruist in the way she inspires people and stands up for her beliefs to help others stand up for themselves too.





    

No comments:

Post a Comment