Wednesday, March 26, 2014

sonnet-italian


Gracious Damsel

I wonder whether this is love or lust,
If rain reigns in the day or dark night,
Confused a s I lay low without forsight,
My soul sails through the sea of metal rust,
Clean my lens and brush my hair just to adjust, 
Hoping to see my diamond shine so bright,
This passion can`t be hidden but brought to light,
as I look at the sky to know who to trust.

Heaven smiles at me as my joy abound,
This reminds one that shinning stars are few,
Knowing that goodness and bliss will be found,
I walk towards my pearl for the time is due,
Her beauty and traits spin many heads around,
For her benevolence you have to take a queue.


This is an Italian Sonnet. It follows the traditional a-b-a-b form and the modification is that it only has two stanzas. I chose this sonnet because I thought it was an intriguing sonnet about love and life. It questions what true love it and what this relationship really is. The volta begins with heaven smiles at me as my joy abound because it changes from questioning the love to rejoicing it! I think the first stanza questions if the love is true, and the second stanza answers the questions by showing that the love is great, happy, and true.

No comments:

Post a Comment