Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Paris and the Golden Apple

Eris, the goddess of discord, was not invited to attend the wedding of Peleus and Thetis. Eris was so furious that she showed up at the wedding anyways and threw a golden apple amongst the goddesses and addressed the golden apple to “the Fairest.” The goddesses Aphrodite, Hera, and Athena claimed the golden apple. Zeus was asked to decide who the apple would belong to but since all three of the goddesses were dear to him, he left judgment to the most handsome man- the Trojan Prince Paris. Hera and Athena tried to bribe Paris but in the end Aphrodite won by bribing him with love. Aphrodite offered him the most beautiful woman, Helen of Sparta. Helen was taken away to become Helen of Troy. This then led to the Trojan War.

DIVINE FOOD: My favorite food changes almost by the minute… it depends on whatever I’m feeling at the moment so I don’t really know what to say about ‘divine food’ I mean, I like lots of food.


My mom makes pretty good food. I know I’m going to miss her cooking if I go far away from home for college. The trouble with my mom’s cooking though is she never follows any kind of recipe. One time she tried writing down the recipe for a dish she and my dad make (side note: they always bring it to Asian parties and it’s yummy. Ask Alyssa, she knows exactly what I’m talking about) anyways, she was writing out the recipe for a friend and she left out a couple ingredients plus some directions. Her friend called back really confused because it was kind of a disaster. My point is my mom’s not very good at explaining how to cook. I’ll try to learn best I can, but it won’t ever be the same. My mom’s cooking is just divine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment