Thursday, March 13, 2014

Sestina on OJ

every morning
when I wake up
I crave juice
not any kind
but orange,
orange juice in a big ol’ glass

first i get a glass
and rub my eyes when I see the morning
sun, then I get an orange
and squeeze it on up
so that I have the pulp kind
of my favorite juice

i don’t like apple juice
and neither does my glass
it will not be kind
if in the morning
and apple is squeezed up
it only likes a juicy orange

our favorite color is orange
so that’s how we like our juice
when we jump up
and grab a glass
in the morning
we already know the kind

for orange is the only kind
and the best is orange
at the crack of morning.
i need orange juice
my daily glass
or I cannot wake up

I will be far from up
if I have any other kind
of juice in my glass.
for orange
is the only juice
acceptable in the morning

when the sun wakes me up I need an orange
to make my special kind of juice

to put in my glass in the morning

No comments:

Post a Comment