Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Orpheus, Eurydice, and Music

As all love stories go, the two main characters, in this case Orpheus and Eurydice, were in love. But when day when they were frolicking in the fields, a serpent bite Eurydice, and she died. Distraught, Orpheus went to Hades and begged him to return her. With his musical talent from his father Apollo, Orpheus convinced Hades to let Eurydice go, but on one condition: he couldn't turn around to see if she was following him. So he started hiking back up to the human world and when he was almost finished he sneaked a look backwards, and Eurydice was taken back into the Underworld

My musical taste is all over the place. Yesterday when I was baking banana bread with a friend, I turned on my Spotify and she said "You really came full circle with your taste." I went through so many phases, it's kind of embarrassing. At the moment, I interchangeably listen to Gregory Alan Isakov and Arctic Monkeys, but my go for looping is "Big Black Car" by Gregory Alan Isakov or "San Francisco" by The Mowgli's or "Bloodflows" by SOHN since I'm one of the people when I like a song I will listen to it on repeat for about forever. When I'm working I tend to go for electronic music like this or this or I just stick the classics like this. For my sassy moments there's La Roux, and for when I feel like I should feel kind of Southern theres Hugo's "99 Problems".    

No comments:

Post a Comment