Thursday, March 13, 2014

A sestina about writing a sestina

I cannot write a sestina.
I lack the ideas,
I lack the deep emotions
Necessary for such a task. What I do not lack is frustration
For this assignment that is so difficult
For one who is not the creative type.

I (try to) type
An emotional and enthralling sestina
But that is much too difficult.
All of my ideas
Are dead ends. All I feel is frustration.
No longer can I fathom other emotions.

Who possesses the emotions,
The type,
That do not concern frustration?
Rather, the kind suited for a sestina,
That craft ideas
For which understanding and enjoying is not too difficult?

Maybe it is I who is being difficult.
Dismissing my emotions,
Doubting my ideas,
And deleting everything I type.
This sestina
Will logically be about frustration.

The frustration
I feel from myself being so difficult
My sestina
Will lack my emotions
And will incorporate the mechanical feel as I type
Away my disposed ideas.

I trash my meaningful ideas
Instead opting for frustration
(I can be quite the angry type)
Maybe this isn’t so difficult
Especially when you eliminate emotions
(other than frustration) from a sestina.

My ideas were far too difficult
And caused more frustration than pleasant emotions

When I tried to type this sestina.

I am so tired and I doubt this sestina makes any sense, and if it does, then it most likely contradicts itself many times. I hope you enjoyed my angsty sestina about writing a sestina.

No comments:

Post a Comment