Thursday, March 13, 2014

RE: I am NOT doing that again.

I am NOT doing that again.
By Callie McMullin

(I don’t normally do this.  Usually I
am friends with you first.  I
don’t start off dating some person I
don’t know.  That’s not how I do things.  I
prefer having some kind of relationship to work off of.  Anyway, I
hope this goes well.)  “I

Would like to introduce myself.  I
am (I already know who you are).  I
help out at homeless shelters when I
am not working at the non-profit I
started.  My favorite color is green, like the trees I
Plant every summer.  This one time, when I

Was a little boy (so you weren’t a little girl?) my father and I
rented a boat to take to the lake.  It was the first time I
had been in such clear water.  That’s what I
think of when I look into your eyes (How cheesy.).  May I
just say, you look ravishing tonight (Boy, I better.)  I

hope this is the first of many dates I
get to enjoy with you, (he calls me some pet name he hasn’t earned yet).  Waiter!  I
would like to order the (Are you really ordering the most expensive thing on the menu?) And I
want the same thing for her (You did not just order for me.  Well, at least you’re paying.)  I
hope you don’t mind.  It’s my favorite meal and I
would like you to try it.  I

had to be nursed back to health after I
Suffered from food poisoning eating this meal from that restaurant across town.  I
trust the chef here; he has cooked for my family at numerous functions.  I
should go speak with him, actually, if you don’t mind, for just a moment.  I
need to ask him a favor.  My cousin’s wedding is this spring, and she asked that I
find her a chef.  She wants only the best.  And I

only want the best for her.  I would do the same thing for you, my dear.”  (Man, am I
glad he’s gone!  I finally have my chance to get away.  I
really could just go out the front door; this dress won’t allow for any climbing out windows. Should I
leave a note, or should I just leave?  I
think I’m just going to leave.  I
can’t do this date anymore, and I don’t want to get his hopes up in any way.  I

like him enough to do that much. . .I think.  This is the last time I
let my friends set me up with someone else.  I swear.  My system works.  I
don’t have to do that to myself.  He and I just didn’t see eye to eye.
______________________________________________________________________________________


(I don’t normally do this.  Usually I
am friends with you first.  I
don’t start off dating some person I
don’t know.  That’s not how I do things.  I
prefer having some kind of relationship to work off of.  Anyway, I
hope this goes well.)  “I

Would like to introduce myself.  I
Am (I already know who you are).  I
Help out at homeless shelters when I
Am not working at the non-profit I
Started.  My favorite color is green, like the trees I
Plant every summer.  This one time, when I

Was a little boy (so you weren’t a little girl?) my father and I
Rented a boat to take to the lake.  It was the first time I
Had been in such clear water.  That’s what I
Think of when I look into your eyes (How cheesy.).  May I
Just say, you look ravishing tonight (You’ve never seen me before.)  I

Hope this is the first of many dates I
Get to enjoy with you, (he calls me some pet name he hasn’t earned yet).  Waiter!  I
Would like to order the (Are you really ordering the most expensive thing on the menu?) And I
Want the same thing for her (You did not just order for me.  Well, at least you’re paying.)  I
Hope you don’t mind.  It’s my favorite meal and I
Would like you to try it with me.  I

Had to be nursed back to health after I
Suffered from food poisoning eating this meal from the restaurant across town.  I
Trust the chef here; he has cooked for my family at numerous functions.  I
Should go speak with him, actually, if you don’t mind, for just a moment.  I
Need to ask him a favor.  My cousin’s wedding is this spring, and she asked that I
Find her a chef.  She only wants the best.  And I

Only want the best for her.  I would do the same thing for you, my dear.”  (I
Am so glad he’s gone!  I finally have my chance to get away.  I
Really could just go out the front door; this dress won’t allow for any climbing out windows.  Should I
Leave a note, or should I just leave?  I
Think I’m just going to leave.  I
Can’t do this date anymore, and I don’t want to get his hopes up in any way.  I

Like him enough to do that much. . .I think.  This is the last time I
Let my friends set me up with someone else.  I swear.  My system works.  I
Don’t have to do that to myself.  He and I just didn’t see eye to eye.

No comments:

Post a Comment