Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Exodus 14

God told Moses "Have the Israelites turn around and make camp between Migdol and the sea, on the shore of the sea opposite Baal Zephon. Pharaoh will think that the Israelites are lost in the wilderness so the Pharaoh will join them so that the Eqyptians realize that I am God."

So that occurred. Then…

The King of Egypt changed his mind, since he was mad that he lost his slave labor, so he and his men took 600 of their best chariots and went to pursue the enemy. The Pharaoh and the Egyptians caught up to the Israelites and the Israelites became very worried and cried out to God asking why He would do this to them. Moses tells them to shut up because God has a plan, and that they would not see the Egyptians again. 
God tells Moses to lead the Israelites through the sea by holding his staff in front of him, saying they will walk on dry ground.And while Moses is busy, God shows the Egyptians who he really is. A cloud pillar came between the two camps and divided the two groups so the Israelites could get away, covering them with light. Moses stretched his hand out and the water split allowing the Israelites to pass through. The Egyptians tried to pursue but their chariots were clogged with mud and they could not cross the sea.The Egyptians realized that God was on the side of the Israelites. Moses put his hand over the sea again and the water rushed over the Egyptains, drowning them. Yet, the Israelites were spared, walking on the dry ground between the walls of water.

Miracles……….I have grown up in church all of my life so I have heard all of the standard miracle bible stories. I have always been a very math and science-y person so the miracles were the hardest part of the Bible to understand because they don't all follow your laws of physics and such. But through the years I have learned how much God can do and I have learned that miracles don't have to be huge like parting a sea, but can be a small thing here and there so yes I definitely do feel like I have experienced some miracles in my life, especially through just the people I have been able to meet.


No comments:

Post a Comment