Monday, February 10, 2014

BAD ANGSTY POETRY TIME (OR, IT'S MIDDLE SCHOOL ALL OVER AGAIN)

FASTEN UR SEATBELTS UR IN FOR A BUMPY AND TERRIBLE RIDE

okay so im doing the prompt where you take a poem from chapter 7 as a model and write about love and stuff and im using that e e cummings poem i blogged about as a basis because a. i liked it and b. AN EXCUSE TO TYPE IMPROPERLY YEAHHH *SHREDS ON GUITAR*

but yeah just a warning im gonna be writing this about TWO OF MY ORIGINAL CHARACTERS woo spooky and they r. very sad. so this poem is going to be sad and not so much about happy love as sad awful terrible love because they r sad awful terrible characters HOO-AH (this poems also narrated by the two of them as dictated by the differences in punctuation/capitalization/all that)

i am also not a poet so this is going to be really REALLY bad dont hate me

"flowers of flesh & blood"

You are delicate You are so so delicate and i wonder if You've always been this way?
You are a beautiful little flower
i want to press You in a book and keep You forever.

if i'm a flower im dead: i am dry and rotting,
you have peeled my petals off one by one
slowly; dragging it out
(he loves me,he loves me not,he loves me not not not:
this is not the way things are supposed to be )

You are a shy lil plant
You are my baby sprout and why do You close Yourself off to me?
Your leaves fold up and You taste bitter against my lips

bury me in the dirt,let me grow let me grow let me go
give me light give me water; i don't need food it hurts(the way you hurt)
i will lie in the warm sun and photosynthesize.
don't touch me i'll shrivel.
your seed is already within me and i hate it,
i hate how no matter what i'll always grow to your liking:
stunted.
soft.
pliant.

You lie on the wood floor in the sun collecting dust
Are You trying to grow into the floorboards?
i shower You with love but You turn to dust in my hands
in the news: a prairie fire ravages Nebraska




I DON'T KNOW HOW TO END POEMS I'M SORRY FOR EVERYTHING

No comments:

Post a Comment