Monday, January 20, 2014

The Birth of Christ

King Caesar Augustus said that everyone was to be taxed in his or her own town as a way to do a sort of census. So Joseph took Mary, who was bearing a child to his hometown of Bethlehem. There, all the inns were full. So Mary and Joseph went door to door looking for a place to stay. No one dared open their doors to these strangers. Finally, they decided to stay in a stable where they kept warm next to the animals, their mule among them. This was where Baby Jesus was born. Three Wise Men were on the search for the Messiah, under Caesar’s orders, to inform the king of His whereabouts. When they saw Jesus in the manger, however, they instead gave him gifts of myrrh, incense, and gold. An Angel of the Lord called unto some shepherds and told them that the Messiah had been born and that they were to follow the North Star to Him. They, too, went to render him homage at the stable.  

Now for my birth(day) narrative. It was a beautiful October 2nd of 1998 that I celebrated my second birthday. I was super pumped because my entire family was coming over so I would get to spend time with all my cousins. It was going to be great. Or so I thought. My dad and two of my uncles thought it would be so much fun to dress up as clowns. I won’t ever know if it was fun or not, because the second I saw them I bolted  and locked myself in my room. And that ladies and gentlemen, is how I spent my second birthday. Nine months later my little sister was born.

No comments:

Post a Comment